The unique features of KappaSense’s Capacitive Encoder family are based on the characteristics of the capacitive technology, taking advantage of its flexibility, easiness of adaptation and scalability.
Capacitive Linear Encoders offer several advantages in when comparing to traditional encoder technologies:
- Scalability of size,easiness of customization, allowing best fit to customer needs
- Insensitivity to magnetic fields, being fully operational under strong magnetic fields.
- Due to averaging over a large sensing area, the Capacitive Encoder is insensitive to deposited dust particles. Thus maintenance issignificantly easier and related costs minimal.
- Holistic implementation provides extended resilience to tilt and eccentricity misalignments, thus the mechanical installation requirements for an Electric Linear Encoder are minimal. The tolerances allowed aresignificantly higher; the usual installation method is by means of a dual sidedglue tape.
- Significantly higher tolerances in dynamic deviationsof the moving arm on non-measured axes, up to ten times in comparison tooptical solutions.
Customizations and Best Practice policy
Working closely with the customer we select the most suitable implementation for each case, depending on specific needs, best cost performance ratio and customer’s expectations
- Customization means developing & supplying products in fully accordance to customer specification when :
- No standard products fits the requirements
- The customer is not willing to compromise on features
- The customer is taking an active role in the development process
- Ensuring best practices methods at all design and manufacturing stages
- Best practice in day to day means 100% inspection on all encoder’s components and subassembly, with precise equipment and test benches. it also means signing long term supply agreements with key suppliers in order to keep the knowledge and expertise intact. our purchasing and quality departments are in constant effort to implement improvement plan with our subcontractors .in short, we maintain wide holistic view of customer – supplier relationship which results in trust and mutual benefit.
- KappaSense owners, managers and company employees, at all their meeting points with customer’s products documents or employees put an extra care and effort to maintain best in class service and deliveries as well as transparency throughout all processes.
Principle of Operation
- CLE (Capacitive Linear Encoder) includes a scale and a read-head that interact as a capacitor.
- Basic Elements in the encoder:
- The scale is a printed circuit strip on which a periodic pattern field transmitter is printed.
- The read-head is a printed circuit on which a conductive sine receiver pattern is printed.
- The sine matches respectively to the periodic transmitter patterns.
- The scale is generating an electric field, from the scale’s lines, with 4 phase shifted signals. These signals act as carrier signals.
- The mechanism acts as a variable capacitor which changes due to the amplitude modulation in the read head PCB print.